A couple blog posts ago, I wrote a blog about some tips when doing your nails. So, this time when I did my nails, I decided to try using some tips that I found, and created this fun and girly two-tone look.
What I did
1. I filed my nails to a box shape
2. After filing and putting on hand cream (it’s healthier for your nails to moisturize), I applied a coat of baby pink polish
3. After the first coat of nail polish dries, I gently laid a piece of masking tape on my fingernails
4. I painted a beige polish over my nails, and removed the masking tape carefully after the nail polish dried
5. Using a toothpick, I drew a straight line across the split of the two manicures with a thicker consistency of glitter nail polish
6. After the glitter nail polish dried, I used a tiny bit of super glue to attach a bead on the middle of my finger
What I Learned
When you’re using masking tape, make sure the first coat of nail polish is COMPLETELY dry before applying it. I learned that the hard way when I peeled off the masking tape and saw my nail polish got smudged…
Also, toothpicks were a wonderful tool to work with, when I needed to remove any excess nail polish on the side. I was able to utilize a toothpick for tiny details too, making my nails look a little more like they were professionally done.